cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 2.46 to 4.0(3)Upgrade

jkosciuk
Level 1
Level 1

Migrating from Unity 2.46 to Unity 4.0(3) using the subscrber dump tool on 2.46 and the bulk import tool on 4.0(3). Is there a way to capture information on the call input page as well as the pager notification and using the bulk import tool build the new mail boxes in Unity 4.0(3) with the correct information

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The way to migrate from 2.x to a 4.0(3) system and save all that information is with the FullDBImport/Export tool - I recently generated a new version of the Import tool capable of importing directly into 4.0(3) and later in one step. Check out the detail in the help file for the tool on its home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_full_import_export4x.htm

I'm in a similar position to jcosciuk who generated this post and I downloaded both the FullDBImport/Export tools from the above link.

I notice the export file that I'd use to export the 2.46 data from the "Download Export Utility Now" link, says 3x on it. Is this correct?

yes - the export tool is the same for both, it hasn't changed in some time. It just grabs the 2.x data and stuffs it into a portable MDB file. It's the import tool that unpacks that and puts the data into the Unity 3.x or 4.x system that has changed along the way, of course, as new versions of Unity have come out with different DB schemes.