cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 3.15 Subsciber Prompts

ilang
Level 1
Level 1

After a user listens to all their messages and the greeting plays press * to exit.....

When the user presses * what should happen?

Currently when users do this they go to an added call handler. Any thoughts or direction would be appreciated,

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

It sounds like the * should direct the caller to the Goodbye Call Handler. This can be set in the subscriber's Caller Input section. Click on the * and then set the Action for "Say Goodbye". This same action can be set in a template before importing your users and assigning them to that template. If you have all of your users already defined, you could make this update via the Bulk Edit tool.

Sincerely,

Ginger

Actually what I am talking about is when a user checks his/her voicemail. Not when someone is leaving a voicemail.

I amthinking the caller input section is for callers leaving vm not for subscriber's checking them.

That's correct... caller input is only active while the greeting itself is playing (i.e. when outside callers are listening to that subscriber's greeting).

In 4.0(1) and later, the exit destination for subscribers is configurable - so when a subscriber hits "*" when they're at the top level subscriber menu (i.e. the one that says "you have X new messages... to hear new messages, press 1, to send a message...") it will go to whereever you indicate it should on a per user basis. You can set this value using BulkEdit if you like and, of course, also in the SA and the Audio Text Manager applications.

In 3.x and earlier, however, it's hard coded to send the subscriber back out to the opening greeting call handler created by the Unity setup and is not adjustable.

I've the same scenario with Unity 4.0(3)sr1. I've changed the caller input key * to action say goodbye, but when that subscriber hit the key * when he is at top level menu, it still goes to opening greeting call handler instead of goodbye? What could be wrong in my case?

Thank you,

.nurmawan

Again, the caller input keys are only active when outside callers are listening to the subscriber's greeting... this is _not_ where we determine what to do when a subscriber hits * when they are in the subscriber conversation. They have nothing at all to do with one another.

There's an exit destination that can be set for each subscriber on the conversation page in the SA. This is where we pull the destination to send the subscriber when they exit their conversation by hitting *. You can change this per user in the SA or in bulk in the Bulk Edit utility.

Thank you so much Jeff for your brief explanation.

.nurmawan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: