Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0.2 Licenses

I am running Unity 4.0.2 with exchange 2000. I have a 100 Subscriber Mailbox license and recently reached that limit. There are several old accounts that I am able to delete, but when I delete them the number of ultilized licenses does not go down and I still cannot add a new subscriber. I deleted the subsribers from Unith and let it delete the active directory account in the process. What needs to be done in order to free up some licenses?

Thanks

Ben

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0.2 Licenses

I'm not real sure what you mean by "...let it delete the active directory account in the process" - You can never delete the AD account for a user via the Unity SA - we simply don't allow it. There are stand alone tools that allow for that (Bulk Subscriber Delete on www.CiscoUnityTools.com) but you can never do this via the SA.

That said, if you deleted users the license counts should be updated in the next synch cycle (within 10 minutes). If that's not happening something is a little funky.

Are you using pooled licensing among multiple Unity servers here? Or is this all one box? What shows up in the Uniyt Licensing applet in the Tools Depot on the desktop? Do the counts change at all when you delete a subscriber in the Unity SA? You could be over the count by more than a few...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content