Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) Failover Server Installation

c.studer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am installing a failover server. The OS is Windows 2003. Everything works fine. However, the Message Store Configuration wizard doesn't succeed. All accounts have the required permissons and all Exchange 2003 servers are up (7). In addition, we have already a primary server active and working well.

Is there anybody who has some hints?

Kind regards Christian

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't use 4.0(4).... it's horrible for failover.. upgrade to Sp1 or to 4.0(5). I spent a zillion hours on 4.0(4) trying to get it to work, and never did.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate your suggestions.

BTW: My main concern was the lack of information

concerning where and why the installation wizard failed. In the mean time, I found some log information on the server, in a file called "tempu.log".

Kind regards

Christian

Failover servers are tricky beasts. I have one right now that looks like it is working, but when I reboot the secondary standby server and it comes back online, it makes itself the primary.... for no reason. The primary was running fine. My licenses are not replicating correctly. So what this is telling me.. something is wrong in my SQL replication. If you know SQL, you can get into Enterprise Manager and check to make sure each sql job has the correct rights, to make sure the publisher is setup correct, etc. I've spent long hours with TAC trying to figure out Failover servers that wouldnt fail properly.

tc