cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4) leaves new message prompt as new VM sometimes

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

I am seeing a strange issue, that I've seen at 3-4 different customers now over the past 6 months or so that I've thought was a user-error of some sort in past but it happened again today.

Seems that a user will get a new message in their mailbox, that is the press 1 to hear new messages, etc prompt from unity itself. When you press 1 to play the new messages, it plays the same thing over but if you hit delete it deletes the message and it is back to normal.

This causes confusion as people are told they have new messages and hit 1, then here same thing over again so appears as their keystroke was not heard. Theres no pauses or other noises in the voice mail message -- it sounds just like the system prompt so am curious if anyone has seen this behavior before. Just seems a little bit to clean of a recording to be user error.

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Do you have SR1 ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yep

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have any Engr Specials such as ES76 installed? Are there any warnings or errors in app logs?

just es 61 for the vms not being left on max-message and hang ups but the issue happened before that was applied also once that i recall at this client.