cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Unity 4.0.4 - Renaming the Primary Failover Server

Hi,

I just want a confirmation about, what i'm about to do to rename a Cisco Unity Server.

1- Take a backup with DIRT

2- Rename the Server

3- Execute SQL2000 Renaming

4- Run ConfigMgr on the Server.

5- Restore the backup

6- Re-Execute Failover Tool on Primary and Secondary

I expect that:

- ConfigMgr will return configuration back to "fresh installation" state

- DIRT Restore will reapply the configuration using the new server name

Do i'm rigth with this ?

Martin

PS: Basicaly, I want to save time of uninstalling Cisco Unity completly.

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity 4.0.4 - Renaming the Primary Failover Server

Hi Martin -

If you use Unity Inbox or PCA on this Unity server, you will need to provide the new URL to your users. You can create a CNAME alias for this, if you'd like - http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/29578757-6a77-4b96-9996-20405689a0791033.mspx?mfr=true. This is what we did when we replaced one of our Unity servers. If this is a UM installation, the users' ViewMail for Outlook General Tab needs to be updated in the registry. We did this by running a login script for a short time after going production with the new server. Another thing to consider is Host (A) record in DNS to reflect the updated server name. I'm assuming your Unity server does not have Exchange onbox NOR is a domain controller, as changing the server name has more complexities to it (i.e. requires a deinstall of Exchange for example).

Ginger

Community Member

Re: Unity 4.0.4 - Renaming the Primary Failover Server

I Finally end-up by unstalling Unity / Reinstall it. I was having problems with TTS.

So, to reinstallation was "mandatory" anyway.

Martin

PS: I thing this customer used the IP address in VMO, so basicaly, VMO still work event if the server name changed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content