Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0(4)SR1 and CiscoUnity_AvCs Errors

Hi I have the following error on Event Viewer.

----

Exception occurred and handled. File: H:\views\ESB1_view\un_Core1\ExchangeMonitor\AvExchangeMonitorSvr\cavmapiaccessthread.cpp at Line: 908 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

0x5E52EBDD AvExchangeMonitorSvr.dll: <unknown symbol>

-------

The error appears everytime I hit refresh on an MWI for a specific user. Also another error is staying that it Failed to set the lamp on extension xxxx. I have around 300 users on that system and only 1 is having the above problem.

Any ideas? I already restarted the server and the problem remains.

-Jose

6 REPLIES

Re: Unity 4.0(4)SR1 and CiscoUnity_AvCs Errors

Hi Jose -

The error you are seeing 80004005H is typically permissions based. Does the user's AD account have inheritance checked? It should be checked to allow the permissions that were set via Permissions Wizard/Exchange to trickle down. Another thing to check - is the user's mailbox on an information store that has all the required permissions? After validating this, you might consider deleting/reimporting or recreating the user - however you do this in your organization.

Ginger

Thanks Ginger,

Where I can verify on the AD to make sure the AD staff allow the inheritance of permissions for this particular account?

-Jose

Hi Jose -

You can do this from your Unity server logged on as the Unity administrator, which has local admin rights and in some cases is a Domain Admin account. Go to Start - Programs - Microsoft Exchange - Active Directory Users and Computers. In the ADUC MMC, go to View - select Advanced Features. This displays the Security Tab. Select the user's AD account. Go to the Security Tab. Select the button at the bottom - Advanced. Look for the check box - lower left of the display that references Inheritance. It should be checked.

Ginger

Thanks for the info Ginger. However the inheritance check box was selected under the advanced settings. And also the Information Store has all the permission set by the permission wizard. There are 2-3 users where Unity can't set their MWI. From their phones I'm able to dial the MWI ON and MWI off numbers without any problem.

-Jose

Cisco Employee

Clear one subsribers mailbox.

Turn on Macro MWI traces.

Leave the subscriber a message.

Wait 5 minutes and collect the avcsmgr, avmsgstoremonitorsvr, and avumrsyncsvr logs for the time of the test.

Post them here.

Hi hinho,

I would enable those traces to check the MWI problems that I'm having but now the situation is critical because all users are reporting that are not getting their voicemails. I leave a message for a subscriber and he didn't received the MWI and there is no error present at the event viewer..and if the subscriber login using the phone unity respond with no messages. What I'm seeing are lots of messages like below:

-----

[Port 1] Recording stopped due to leading silence time out.

-----

So I'm not sure if unity is recording at all. Where I can look just to make sure it is working as expected.

-Jose

Views
Helpful
Replies