cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(4)sr1 Failback to primary failure

e.groves
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where a primary Unity has failed over to a secondary unity server. The primary is up now but the secondary will not failback to it. I have tried to force the failback. When I do this I see the primary begin to reactivate in the failback monitor and within 5 - 10 seconds it deactivates and fails over to the secondary. I have tested database replication between the servers and it is working. There are 72 voicemail ports on each Unity and the ports are configured correctly on the CallManager. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The nodemgr on either the primary or secondary should be kicking out event log messages that might help indicate why failover is being triggered.

To just get things going you might try bouncing the primary server while the secondary is active. After the primary comes back up, look through it to make sure things started and are running smoothly. Then give the Failback another shot.

If you want to do more troubleshooting first, you could try disabling Automatic Failover. Then give Failback a shot and watch the event logs.

-Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: