Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0(4) with Exchange 2000 and 2003.

I created a test lab with a Windows 2000AD server, Exchange 2000 and 2003. I first set up unity with the exchange 2000 box. I got everything to work fine with it. Then I installed the 2003 exchange admin tools on the unity server and created some test accounts on the 2003 exchange server and tried importing them and that also worked fine.

The problem I am having is with a subscriber account that existed before I installed and configured unity. When I try to import the exchange 2003 subscriber, unity doesn't see it. It appears as if no mailbox was assigned to the user so unity cannot find it when a search is performed. It also doesn't see it with the bulk import wizard. I verified that there is a mailbox assigned on the 2003 exchange server and that I can open it. It works fine for any newly account created on it, I just can't get it to work with the existing account (it just so happens when I installed unity the 2003 exchange server was off. Now I have both exchange server running, I re-ran the permissions wizard and gave the unityinstall account exhange full administrator rights. The account that I am trying to import is also part of the OU that unity assigned permissions to.)

I'm stuck.. anyone have any ideas or maybe tell me what else I should be looking at. Thanks

I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unity 4.0(4) with Exchange 2000 and 2003.

Hi -

This may sound weird, but it wouldn't hurt to check the account to see if the Unity specific schema attributes have already been populated. Meaning Unity may "think" the account is already enabled, which is why you are not seeing it with the search or bulk import. You can use the tool, Remove subscriber properties, which is available on www.ciscounitytools.com. It basically uses a ADSI Edit like view and formerly was called the Bunny killer. If you run the tool and see a Bunny image next to the account, you can remove the ciscoecsbu... attributes. Then try reimporting the account. Let us know if this was the problem. If not, we'll have to look elsewhere.

Ginger

3 REPLIES

Hi -

This may sound weird, but it wouldn't hurt to check the account to see if the Unity specific schema attributes have already been populated. Meaning Unity may "think" the account is already enabled, which is why you are not seeing it with the search or bulk import. You can use the tool, Remove subscriber properties, which is available on www.ciscounitytools.com. It basically uses a ADSI Edit like view and formerly was called the Bunny killer. If you run the tool and see a Bunny image next to the account, you can remove the ciscoecsbu... attributes. Then try reimporting the account. Let us know if this was the problem. If not, we'll have to look elsewhere.

Ginger

That did it. I wish I knew about this tool sooner. I guess I have a bit more to learn. I've only worked with unity for 3 days now, so I'm trying to figure it out.

Thanks for your help..and trust me your suggestion definitely didnt sound weird.

The domain controller I used was part of a production domain. It was removed and added to my test lab and all the roles were seized. All of the prior unity settings remained in AD. It all makes sense now.

Hall of Fame Super Red

Nice!! As always a great answer. 5 points all the way.

Take care.

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content