cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5.0) - Text-To-Speech Problem

keilholzk
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble giving any (all) subscribers an option to have their email messages read to them. We have two RealSpeak licenses installed, the AVttssvr service is running (restarted), and I have the 'Read Message Type... ' option checked in the subscribers profile under 'Conversation'. The prompt they hear is just for 1 (voicemail) and 4 (receipts).

What might I be missing?

Side Note: This was working before the 4.0(5) upgrade from 3.1.x.

Thanks,

Ken

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have the class of service for users configured to allow TTS - this is on the Features page of the COS in the SA.

Thanks for the reply!

I just verified that box is checked for COS: Default Subsriber. I went ahead and did the 'uncheck/save' and 'check/save' thing just to be sure.

I'm a stumped puppy. I know the server has been rebooted within the last few days or so. System resources seem normal.

ok - and on licensing in the SA you see that you have more than 0 TTS sessions?

Is this specific to the message type menu? If you have the message type menu turned off are emails presented via the TUI or not? Any errors in the event log when you log in as a user assigned to the default subscriber COS?

I'll try it both ways. Also, I didn't check all of the event logs (shame on me). Hopefully I can dig something up there.

Now we're getting somewhere...

The App Log is loaded with the following entires (all the same):

Component Miu: Failed to load Text To Speech Component. The Text To Speech feature will be disabled.

EventID 581

Under License Counts, I do not see any reference to TTS.

Under Licensed Features, I do see 2 TTS Sessions.

Should something show up under license counts for this?

keilholzk
Level 1
Level 1

Argh..

The upgrade was completed with help of a vendor. In this upgrade, the Unity server was moved to new hardware. My guess is that TTS was never installed. I assume this is something I can install from the media.

Thanks for the help!

Step1 Log on to Windows by using the CiscoUnity installation account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution If you have not already done so, disable virus-scanning and Cisco Security Agent

services on the server, if applicable. Otherwise, the installation may fail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step2 On CiscoUnity DVD1 or CD1, or from the location to which you saved the downloaded

CiscoUnity CD1 image files, browse to the root directory and double-click Setup.exe .

Step3 If prompted, double-click the language of your choice to continue the upgrade.

Step4 On the CiscoUnity Installation and Configuration Assistant Welcome screen, click

Continue .

Step5 In the main window of the assistant, click Run the CiscoUnity Setup Program .

Step6 If prompted, double-click the language of your choice to continue the upgrade.

Step7 If a message to stop services appears, click OK .

Step8 Click Next or Continue without changing values until the Select Features dialog box

appears.

Step9 In the Select Features dialog box:

a. Check the Upgrade Cisco Unity check box.

b. If the Cisco Unity license includes text to speech, check the Enable TTS check box.

If not, uncheck the Enable TTS check box.

c. Uncheck the Install Voice Card Software check box.

Step10 Click Next or Continue without changing values until you are prompted to restart

the CiscoUnity server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: