Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Unity 4.0.5 Bulk Import Exchange Failure

I have been trying to import a large number of users from an Active Directory 2003 environment and Exchange 2003 environment into the integrated Unity 4.0.5 system. In attempting to do this I have been using the Bulk Import Exchange tool in the Unity Toolbox. When I run the tool I receive an large number of errors about each subscriber account to be imported.

(Error)

Record=0, Column=5, Fieldname=CN, Error=Invalid character(s) in string - please refer to the documentation to see which characters are allowable in this field (regex=([[:alnum:]]|\x26|_|'|\-|\.| |/)*).

Subscriber record: Kirkpatrick,Maryanne,5138Kirkpatrick, Maryanne,Kirkpatrick, Maryanne,

I'm unable to import any of these users. I've confirmed in Active Directory that the Phone Number field does not contain the user's last name as shown in the error message. I'm unable to figure out where this extra information is coming from and why it is continually being appended to the records. It is my hope that I will not have to perform the bulk import via a CSV file or by adding them one at a time. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remediate this issue?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0.5 Bulk Import Exchange Failure

The first question is can you import one of these users one at a time via the SA import or do you get a different failure?

Couple of items to look at in CDETS:

CSCeb48323 - space in the alias field

CSCeb55729 - permissions problem with peer domain

New Member

Re: Unity 4.0.5 Bulk Import Exchange Failure

i'm having the same trouble, did you found the solution to this. I even try to figure out the fields and made a csv file in order to make it work but i get the same results.

New Member

Re: Unity 4.0.5 Bulk Import Exchange Failure

I ultimately opened a TAC case on this and the TAC engineer said the problem was that the Bulk Import tool was not configured to import users that are in a Last Name first format in Active Directory. The solution was to convert the entire directory to read First Name and then Last Name. So the comma in the import confused it but every effort I made to adapt the directory export to fit didn't work. I have to assume that this is due to the nature of the integration. If we were just importing a list of users then it probably wouldn't be an issue to just change the record ordering. I hope this helps.

122
Views
0
Helpful
3
Replies