cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) - Cannot Run Reports

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

I have a Unity 4.0(5) on a Windows 2003 SP1 + post hotfixes, pointed to an Exchange 2003 SP1 MessageStore.

I can use the account UnityInstall either locally on the box or remotely thru the web and run reports fine.

However if I use my own account, which has the Admin COS, I cannot generate reports either way.

I recieve a DCOM error in the Event Viewer but I cannot the COM Server Application CLSID {988BD0D1-E916-11D1-AB13-00C04FB6C68D} anywhere in the Component Services.

Is there a simple fix for this or an ES that resolves this issue.

I did do the DCOM edits to allow admin to login as posted on this forum, my interm fix before that I figured out on my own to put them into the local admins group but that seemed to be to much of a security risk.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

1 Reply 1

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

I found the CLSID in the registry which pointed to the DCOM of "AvRepDirSvrSvc". Once adding the "everyone" to this and setting the security permissions under Launch and Activation to Local Launch and Local Activation it works.

Regards,

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: