Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) - Fax Service Configuration for Users

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a customer that is using the IPFax Service on Unity in order to received/send faxes. We have been using the Fax ID under the subscriber page on unity to add the DID Fax Number. Now the customer wants to have few DID fax numbers that are already assign to Managers to be able to get to their assistants as well.

I know we can use a distrubution list for the message recipient on the unity subscriber but them the assistant will get th voicemail messages in UM environment. Is this possible? if so how it can be done?

Can I add the DID Fax Number to a call handler and then assign the distribution list to the call handler? Is the IPFax Service on Unity able to see the call handlers or just subscribers?

TIA,

-Jose

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No - currently the IP fax routing only delivers inbound faxes to subscriber targets - you cannot route faxes to call handlers or the like.

You can, of course, setup routing rules in Exchange for the boss's inbox that copies or moves fax messages to another mailbox (or mailboxes) using Exchange rules to do it. This of course only works with UM installs...