cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5)

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Permissions Wizard runs fine. Message Store Wizard runs fine. I can import users.

When I try to add a distribution list from the SA page I get an error that says "Unkown Error: 80072030".

7 Replies 7

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

And this is the event viewer:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSAD

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1048

Date: 1/4/2006

Time: 12:15:36 AM

User: N/A

Computer: SPULUN1

Description:

The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) failed to create object.

Type: AVOBJECTTYPE_DISTLIST

Name: WGR-SUBSCRIBERS

Reason: ERROR_DS_NO_SUCH_OBJECT: There is no such object on the server.

Domain Controller: spuldc1.fbopcorp.com

Possible causes include: 1) Network connectivity to the Domain Controller. 2) Insufficient rights for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account.

Ensure that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) can contact the Domain Controller and has sufficient rights to create objects. If the problem persists, enable all the micro traces for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) in the Unity Diagnostic Tool. Report the problem to Cisco TAC and include the diagnostic log.

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

Need more information. Please turn on AvDsAd micro traces (except 0, 1, 2), and try to create a new DL. Wait for a few minutes to check ADUC to see if the DL was created late. Either post the logs or email them to me.

Is Unity in child domain?

Is Exchange in child domain?

What account did you use to run perm wiz and did you run it against the child domain?

Did you manually set the domain controller and the global catalog servers?

Im having the same issue and the account gets created but with numbers attached to it.

I am also getting while trying to delete the DL...I goes to page can not be displayed and the error refers to ciscoUnity_DALDB 31003

I am also getting the same issue. Did anyone have a fix for this??

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

this is a bug in the software.

my last conversation with TAC, they stated they have no ETA for the fix at the time but now i see in the bugToolkit, there is a fix.

excerpt from TAC: "We may be hitting the following bug (Enchancement Defect) still in Assigned case : CSCec36950. Since, this's an internal bug, you may not be able to see the details."

use the bugToolkit to view the 'CSCec36950' bug and the workAround which is basically running the PW to allow the UnityDirSrvcs account to have rights to add DLs.

CSCec36950

Config Setup needs to ask if PDLs will be added or imported via SA

>

Symptom:

Attempting to create a new Public Distribution List from SAWeb based on an existing PDL will result in the error:

"Unknown error: 80072030"

Conditions:

Unity 4.x integrated with Exchange 2k/2k3

Workaround:

re-run PermissionsWizard and allow the directory services account to have rights to add Distribution Lists

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

this is a bug in the software.

my last conversation with TAC, they stated they have no ETA for the fix at the time but now i see in the bugToolkit, there is a fix.

excerpt from TAC: "We may be hitting the following bug (Enchancement Defect) still in Assigned case : CSCec36950. Since, this's an internal bug, you may not be able to see the details."

use the bugToolkit to view the 'CSCec36950' bug and the workAround which is basically running the PW to allow the UnityDirSrvcs account to have rights to add DLs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: