Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.0 can't reset subscriber phone password

fungchai2020
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

We try to reset the subscriber phone password by going to unity admin page. subscriber --> phone password. It will prompt out a blank page which represent we can't reset the password after we key in a new password at -- password-- and --confirm password-- and save .

Please advise how to resolve this issue.

We are running cisco unity 4.0(4) with windows server 2000.

Thank you very much and appreciation.

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Is this happening for all subscribers or just one? If only one, I recommend deleting/readding into Unity. If this is occurring for multiple users, you may be hitting a bug ... I'll take a look on Cisco.com for your version. In the interim, you could try using Bulk Edit tool from Unity Tools Depot on the server, select just the one user with the needed password reset, and change that user.

Ginger

Hi ginger,

It's happening to multiple users. I believe i'm hitting a bugs. We are using unity 4.0(4)sr1. Thank you for your help. Please advise.

Hi -

I did some checking around in Bug Toolkit but did not find anything specific to your exact problem, however this great troubleshooting doc may be of assistance to you ... especially if you work with TAC - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801ba0ef.shtml

I also know from working with 4.0(4) and earlier versions in the past is that weird things can happen if Unity doesn't have a good connection to its domain DC/GC. It wouldn't hurt to check your Unity server's Application event log to see if you are getting errors posted there when you attempt to update a subscriber.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: