Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0 Capability

Hi I would like to know if Unity 4.0 or any version for that matter can do the following: Can VM from Outlook be redirected to play thru the IP phone Speakers. Let me explain my setup.

Have users with PCs that don't have speakers. We're switching to a new domain, in which users VM's will now show up in their Outlook inbox. So instead of telling them to ignore the VM in Outlook, is there some sort of TSP app that will redirect their incoming Email/VM to be played thru the IP phone speakers? They can dial contacts via Outlook already, which prompted me to ask the question. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

• Unified Communications Applications
1 REPLY

Re: Unity 4.0 Capability

If you want this today, you will probably need to purchase a product called Citrix Application Gateway. It basically gives the IP and XML interface into Unity to use the Soft Keys on the 79xx phone. It's a great product and works flawlessly.

I have heard that in the next release of Unity, this function will be available. I don't have any details on this, but you can check your local Cisco rep. Unity 5.0 is slated for March 2007 release.

cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies