Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.0 single digit extension for Operator?

I am trying to setup a voicemail box for our switchboard operator whose IP Phone is extension 0. However in Ciso Unity (verion 4.0(4)SR1) I get the error There must be at least 3 digits in the extension when I try to put 0 for the extension. Is there any way to reconfigure Unity to let me use single digit extensions? I tried alternate extensions for 0 but I don't get message notification lights to work.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.0 single digit extension for Operator?

You may sometimes need to allow 1 or 2 digit extensions for subcribers/handlers. Typically 3 is the minimum for performance and network numbering conflict reasons. It is not a good idea to have fewer than 3 digits in your extensions but if a rare case comes up where it is necessary, you can adjust it in the Windows registry. You can also change the minimum to greater than 3 if you wish to make sure admins follow a 4 or 5 digit numbering plan for instance.

You can set the minimum extension length required for subcribers/handlers in the Windows registry.

HKLM\ SOFTWARE\ Active Voice\ Doh\1.00\

DWORD: Minimum Handler AVP_DTMF_ACCESS_ID length

Views
Helpful
Replies