cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 Stops Suddenly - AvCsMgr service terminated unexpectedly

mkemps
Level 1
Level 1

We have had Unity 4.0 installed at a client site for a couple of months now. Twice (within a two week spread), Unity has stopped - and had to be restarted. The Win2K Event Viewer shows the folllowng event ID 7031; The AvCsMgr service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). (etc. etc.). Has this been seen prior - and is there a resolution?

10 Replies 10

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's a way that message will show up in the event log when there really isn't a problem. Is there anyway that you could send me the event log (app and sys) that contain the times you saw this? If so, ship them to:

oliviers@cisco.com

Happy to send it -- but FYI both times Unity really did stop - we had to restart it.

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the same errors in System event viewer when I reboot Unity. I am running 4.0.4SR1 with Exchange 2000. It is Voicemail only.

17/01/2005 2:47:04 PM Service Control Manager Error None 7031 N/A UN-GRH-SVR1 The AvCsMgr service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: No action.

17/01/2005 2:47:04 PM Service Control Manager Error None 7022 N/A UN-GRH-SVR1 The AvCsMgr service hung on starting.

I am also seeing a few errors in the application logs

17/01/2005 2:45:18 PM Perflib Error None 1015 N/A UN-GRH-SVR1 "The timeout waiting for the performance data collection function ""NntpSvc"" in the ""C:\WINNT\system32\nntpctrs.DLL"" Library to finish has expired. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted. "

17/01/2005 2:45:08 PM Perflib Error None 1008 N/A UN-GRH-SVR1 "The Open Procedure for service ""MSMQ"" in DLL ""C:\WINNT\system32\MQPERF.DLL"" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is data DWORD 0. "

17/01/2005 2:45:08 PM IISInfoCtrs Error None 1003 N/A UN-GRH-SVR1 Unable to query the IIS Info service performance data. The error code returned by the service is data DWORD 0.

For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

Thanks in advance

I seem to be having the same issue at a customers site. Is there any updates on this post?

I have the same problem.

I'm still in contact with Cisco TAC

I have a customer with a newly installed Unity 4.0(4) server and we are seeing a similar problem. I do not have to manually start Unity but when a call is diverted to voicemail the recorded messages says "a system error has occured". Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Tracey

Do you have CSA installed?

If all the Av* services are started, try this:

right click on the Unity icon on the system tray to stop/start Unity. Does it work then?

If yes, ES35 will probably fix it.

Sometimes ES35 does not fix the issue. Add a DWORD MutexSleepTimeMS in HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MIU\1.0\Initialization\MutexSleepTimeMS

and set the DWORD MutexSleepTimeMS to a value greater than 500ms. Try doubling the value to 1000, and if that does not work then to 2000. Note that the DWORD by default shows the numbers as Hexadecimal. You need to enter the DECIMAL 2000 instead of 0x2000 (8192 in decimal)

Thanks for the info. We do not have CSA installed. However, the problem is now more serious. Each time the server is rebooted, I can log in and it looks like it is starting services but then blue-screens. We are in the process of a complete rebuild.

Regards,

Tracey

Rebuild????? why not restore?

From TAC

In looking at the logs on the system hang this morning, I believe you hit

the following bug. The good news is that it typically doesn't happen

again, the bad news is that we haven't been able to reproduce it, so there isn't a real fix. But, again, it doesn't tend to come back, so that's a plus.

CSCse81648 " AvCsMgr service terminated unexpectedly"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: