Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0 subscriber greeting

mlong0000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

probably a simple one but I just cant see it......

I have a subscriber in unity where I have set a greeting. However when I dial the extension and get to its voicemail, the greeting plays but it is followed by "record your message after the tone when you are finished hang up or wait for more options".

How can I get rid of that prompt??

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just managed to take another look at this - and Ive got it working!.

Replace the files mentioned above with \Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G729a\AvAddrSearch\AvAddrSearchENU003.wav which is a short period of silence.

Ensure the files that you are overwritting are the ones in use (ENU or ENG). Both the files have to be changed as one is used for internal calls and the other for external calls.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

This is related to the Subscribers COS;

Leaving messages: playing the "Record your message at the tone" prompt-You can indicate if you want Cisco Unity to tell callers to record their message after the tone.

Default: Cisco Unity plays the "Record your message at the tone" prompt after playing a subscriber or call handler greeting. Because some subscribers instruct callers when to record their messages in their greetings, callers hear the instruction twice. For this reason, you may want to specify that Cisco Unity does not play the prompt after some or all greetings when callers leave messages for particular subscribers or call handlers in your organization.

Scope: Individual subscribers and/or groups.

Enabling a Post-Greeting Recording

You can use the settings on the applicable Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings page in the Cisco Unity Administrator to specify whether Cisco Unity plays a recording before allowing callers to leave a message for subscribers who are assigned to a class of service (COS). For each COS, you use the Media Master control bar on the page to record what you want callers to hear, and you indicate whether all callers hear the recording or only unidentified callers. Though callers can press # to skip a subscriber or call handler greeting, callers cannot skip a post-greeting recording.

When Cisco Unity is enabled to play a post-greeting recording, callers hear the recording immediately after a subscriber greeting, regardless of which personal greeting is enabled for the subscriber. The post-greeting recording also plays after a call handler greeting when the call handler is configured to take a message and the message recipient for the call handler is a subscriber who is assigned to a COS that has the recording enabled. (The COS assigned to the owner of a call handler has no effect on whether the recording is played.)

By default, the post-greeting recording feature is disabled for all classes of service. A post-greeting recording does not play when:

The message recipient for a call handler is assigned to a distribution list.

Subscribers send, reply to, or forward messages to other subscribers, and when subscribers call a subscriber extension, log on to Cisco Unity during the subscriber greeting, and then leave a message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note When you create a new COS based on an existing one, the new COS inherits the post-greeting recording settings but not the recording itself.

To Enable a Post-Greeting Recording for a Class of Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In the Cisco Unity Administrator, go to the applicable Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings page.

Step 2 In the After Greeting, Play Recording Before Taking Messages section, select one of the following options to enable the feature and indicate which callers will hear the recording:

Play Recording Only for Unidentified Callers-Before they leave a message, outside callers and subscribers who did not log on to Cisco Unity before calling from an external phone or from a phone that is not associated with a subscriber account hear the subscriber or call handler greeting and then the recording.

Play Recording to All Callers-Before they leave a message, subscribers and outside callers hear subscriber or call handler greeting and then the recording.

Step 3 Use the Media Master control bar to record what you want callers to hear, or specify an existing WAV file as the recording.

(You use the Copy/Paste From File options on the Options menu of the Media Master control bar to use a prerecorded WAV file as the recording.)

Step 4 Click the Save icon.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag150e.html#wp1047770

Hope this helps!

Rob

Is there any way to do this with Unity 4.0(5)? I don't see such options under COS > Greetings there.

thx.

Hi Rob

thanks for that detailed response but it seems to apply to Unity 5.x and not 4

Did you manage to find an answer for this issue on unity 4.x? As I have the same problem to solve!

thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately it dosnt work. I replaced the metioned wav files with silence - but the system prompt 'record your msg at the tone when you are finished hang up or hold for more options' still plays - any other suggestions?

Just managed to take another look at this - and Ive got it working!.

Replace the files mentioned above with \Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G729a\AvAddrSearch\AvAddrSearchENU003.wav which is a short period of silence.

Ensure the files that you are overwritting are the ones in use (ENU or ENG). Both the files have to be changed as one is used for internal calls and the other for external calls.

Thanks for all the replies on this. I have it working.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: