cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.01 upgrade from 3.x

tmoffett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am having a problem where the setup.exe (on the first CD of the 4.01 CD pack) won't run. I double-clicked it and nothing happened.

Anyone have a similar issue? I followed the instructions exactly.

Unity 3.2 wouldn't start when I did the upgrade. Would that cause this to happen? I wound up running CUInstall.exe. That worked, but did not finish the install. Now, I have a half baked upgrade of 4.01. Anyone know how to get around this?

2 Replies 2

throoney
Level 1
Level 1

I hope you mean you have a "half-baked" upgrade because CUInstall.exe completed, but you need to run other wizards to complete the upgrade. If this is the case, I would try to launch setup.exe again, now that you have completed CUInstall. Ideally, that should launch the Cisco Unity Instalaltion and Configuration Assistant (CUICA), which should guide you to run the Permissions Wizard, then should skip over the Cisco Unity Setup program (since you ran CUInstall) and then guide you to run all other wizards required for the upgrade. If that doesn't work, you should run the following (without CUICA):

-Permissions Wizard (From CD1, run PermissionWizard.exe from Utilities\Permissions Wizard)

-License File Wizard (From CD1, run LicFileWiz.exe from Utilities\LicenseFileWizard)

-Service Configuration Wizard (From CD1, run SvcWiz.exe from ServiceConfigWizard)

-Message Store Configuration Wizard (From CD1, run setup.exe from ConfigurationSetup)

-Unity Telephony Integration Manager (From CD1, run utim.exe from Utilities\Utim)

And as always, follow the Installation Guide.

Hello,

I currently have a problem like this, when i try to run the license wizard (CUICA step 2) it returns me an error: "Failed to get resource form LicFilWizRes" i tried to run the licfilwiz.exe from the cd and form the location were this is installed on the server without results.

What can i do to have the solution for this issue as fast as its posible?

Regards,

Claudio.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: