cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.03 MWI /Message delay

d_ornelas
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed that after updating Unity and message store with latest recommended Microsoft patches, we are expieriencing delays for message delivery and in turn MWI turn ON (up to 20 minutes). I'm running 4.0.3, I checked port availability and system is well proportion with both Voicemail and MWI/notification.

6 Replies 6

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following link. It contains some good information for troubleshooting MWI problems.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a0080153e42.html

I've also noticed problems when Unity is started prior to Exchange or when Exchange is restarted, but Unity is not. Make sure that Exchange is running before Unity is started. If this is the problem, you can simply restart the Unity services.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What ver of exchange? Are the service pack and HF levels the same for exchange and unity's exch admin tools?

Exchange 2000 SP3.

Unity and Exchange box both have the same latest cisco recommended Microsoft Updates (downloaded from cisco software dowloads for unity).

I found that the problem is not with unity or MWI, the problem is in the exchange server "Categorizer". I turned on message tracking and captured some internal message from one mail box to another and notice that the delay occurs in the categorizer, I was wondering if I should re-apply the Exchange roll-up for EXCH SP3... any ideas!!

Thanks for you reply

I don't think reinstalled SP3 rollup will fix the problem with Exchange. Do you have enough memory/cpu? Maybe a reboot will clear your problem. Don't worry about rebooting Unity. It'll reconnect back up to exchange w/o problems.

last night. I Stopped waited a couple of minutes and restarted Unity services on Unity box, and this morning Unity and Exchange are working o.k, I have no message delay, I don't know if this did it, I'll monitor and let you know what happends. Thanks for the help both you and bbuffin

Sometimes Unity and Exchange become out of sync for whatever reason. When Unity goes through the Exchange database to look for IPM's the subscribers mailbox, it makes a note it's own database.. (light on or off) I have had the same issue, where if I just restart the Unity services, it re-scrubs the Exchange database for voicemails and does a count, MWI on/off, etc. If you continually have problems, it could be a slow link, bad links, exchange or unity running slow, etc.

cheers

tc