Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.04 Ports Stop Working

I've had a problem recently with unity 4.04 ports stop working. When I look in call manager, they are registered and "appear" just fine, however they do not answer and have been causing problems with busy signals etc. I reset them in Unity with no avail. The only way to clear them is by going to the hunt list in call manager and going to each port and individually resetting it. They may then work for several hours or up to a few days, but then intermittently stop working again. This is unity 4.04 with TSP 8.1(3)

2 REPLIES

Re: Unity 4.04 Ports Stop Working

Hi -

You may want to check with TAC if you haven't already regarding these errors. I found a variety of port issues via BugTool for your version, although you did not mention if you had any engineering specials applied - http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/bugnav2.pl?swver1=4.0&fset1=&severity1=%3C%3D+6&resultsperpage1=50&target1=4&train1=&swver=4.0&target=4&train=&mdf_label=Cisco+Unity+Unified+Messaging&rneflag=0&swver2=4.0&target2=4&keyw=port&operator=and&...

Prior to upgrading to Unity 4.0(5), we used to have this problem intermittently, but specific to one port hanging. Unity 4.0(5) fixed this for us and has not reoccurred since. We are running 4.2(1) and I have not seen this error on this very stable version, in my opinion.

Sincerely, Ginger

Re: Unity 4.04 Ports Stop Working

Thanks Ginger

It seems like this started happening fairly recently.. without any real changes...We did upgrade to CM 4.2 from 3.3 a couple months back but all was well it seemed with unity up until the last couple weeks... Now this port problem. We are using the TSP 8.13 which we upgraded when we did the CM upgrade... I have no idea what could be causing... I've rebooted it and keep resetting the ports which work for a while then stop...

Views
Helpful
Replies