cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.04 rebuild without a backup

jeremy.abrams
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who's Unity 4.04 server crashed and they didn't have a backup. I was able to pull the SQL database off the corrupt drive. I've reloaded Unity and have attached the SQL database back to the Unity server but I'm unable to see the subscribers unless I go into some of the Cisco Unity Tools.

I was wondering if there is a way to resync Unity with the SQL database and the AD ?

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no real easy way to do this - a good chunk of the DiRT restore source code is dedicated to all the hoops you have to jump through to get this to fly right and it's a laborious, very detailed process. And even if you could get it to work you'd still be missing some items (greetings, voice names, messages) - further, some data in that database is not going to be correct even if the server and domain names are the same - each install will have different unique IDs that will also need to be updated to match or you'll have problems (stuff pulled out of the registry and local files in addition to SQL).

Short story, this just wont fly without a proper backup to work with.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: