Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.04 Security Agent Message HELP

the past few times i've logged into the unity server the CSA is flashing a message that says

"The process 'c:\winnt\system32\fixmapi.exe' tried to modify the file 'c:\winnt\system32\mapi32.dll'. This is a dangerous action. If you want to prevent, choose no or no to all...

I have chosen no the past couple of times, but this pops up every time I log in... I don't recall doing anything that would make this message happen, but am wondering if it would be harmful to allow?

1 REPLY

Re: Unity 4.04 Security Agent Message HELP

Hi -

I would do some further investigation as to why this message is occurring to begin with. Maybe even get TAC involved before you consider replying Yes to allow. Check out this Microsoft link - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=256946. The mapi32.dll file is used by software such as Outlook and Microsoft Fax. Could either of these have been installed on your Unity server? Or a recent hotfix applied to your server, such as MS06-003 which was a security fix for Office products? If you read the link I posted here, allowing fixmapi.exe to repair/modify the mapi32.dll file could result in problems with Exchange System Manager running on the Unity server. You might check your application and system event log around the time you started seeing this error to identify what else was going on (any installs?).

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content