cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.05 Alternate MWI setting in the Cisco0002.ini?

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

I have never seen this before, so I'm hoping Jeff or someone can weigh in on it.

I've got a customer who has Unity 4.05 integrated into both a 4.1 Callmanager cluster and A Nortel Option PBX network. The very strange thing is that Unity only shows the Callmanager integration.

The Nortel forwards calls to unity via an MGCP PRI gateway integration on the Callmanager. The Unity servers have PBXLink devices attached and supposedly are only used to light the MWI on the nortel. The CISCO0002.ini file has an interesting section that is like so:

[Identity]

SwitchManufacturer=CISCO

SwitchModel=CallManager

SwitchSoftwareVersion=3.0(1) or later

IntegrationType=TAPI

[MWI Default]

MWIType=TAPI

Active=Yes

CodesChangeable=No

[Alternate MWI]

Active=Yes

Digit=Z

MWIType=Serial

SerialConfiguration=SMDI

Users on the Nortel have their Subscriber > Messages >MWI Extensions set to ZX

I'm suspecting they're broadcasting MWI to both switches here.

Here is the $64000 question: I'm about to upgrade these servers from 4.05 to 4.2.1, what is the chance that this upgrade will break this functionality?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a basic overview of what they're probably doing here, have a look at the "MWIs for Extensions on a Non-Integrated Phone System" section in your favorite Unity-CCM integration guide. Here's one...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a00801e9e37.html#wp1329420

Regards,

Eric

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a basic overview of what they're probably doing here, have a look at the "MWIs for Extensions on a Non-Integrated Phone System" section in your favorite Unity-CCM integration guide. Here's one...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a00801e9e37.html#wp1329420

Regards,

Eric

This is exactly it, since it's in here I'm suspecting it's somewhat supported.

Thanks for the info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: