Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blue

Unity 4.05 - Change Partner Exchange Server

Going to new Partner Exchange server (2000 to 2003 as well).

I followed the link here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_

guides_chapter09186a00806cb90c.html#wp1283334

last night. This is Unified Messaging WITH FAILOVER. I followed the

directions in the link above and when I get to the section where I have

add/remove the message store configuration on the primary server to change the

partner server the message store wizard just crashes.

I then tried just migrating the Unity_<ServerName> mailbox to the the new Exchange 2003 mailstore and re-running the message store configuration and this time I got a bit further but the message store configuration failed still (screenshot attached).

I used the latest permissions Wizard, it ran with no issues, etc.

tempu.log has this:

2006-11-10T23:52:38 - IAvDSConfig::Get(AV_DIR_CONNECTOR_NEWDISTLIST_ROOT) failed: 0x80072030 (e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Doh2\UnityConfig\Setup\Ex2kSelectContainers.cpp 443)

4 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Unity 4.05 - Change Partner Exchange Server

Did you ever get a resolution to this issue? I am trying to do the same thing

Unity 4.0(5) with Failover

Unified with Exchange2003

I am experiencing the same issue "the message store configuration wizard crashes after selecting the new parnter server and message store.

I have not tried moving the Unity_ mailbox.

Community Member

Does anyone know what causes this? I am trying to reconfigure Unity 4.2.1 with e2k3 using the message store config wizard to change partner servers and as soon as I select next after selecting the new mailstore, the wizard just closes, no action taken. I have seen this before but cant recall the fix. Thanks.

Hi -

I believe this is the bug you are encountering - http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsd99610&from=summary

As per the recommendation notes, move the Unity_servername mailbox outside of the MSCW, then rerun MSCW. This worked for me.

Ginger

Are you logged in as the Unity message store account when you are running the Message store configuration wizard?

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content