Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.05 SQL SP4 upgrade with failover

Is there a cisco unity document on upgrading from SQL2000 sp3a to sp4 or is it just a standard upgrade on each server? Do you need to stop Unity while performing upgrade or can you have it in failover or do both servers need to be taken offline for this upgrade. Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Unity 4.05 SQL SP4 upgrade with failover

There's no doc on this that I'm aware of. It's basically a standard Microsoft upgrade. You should not need to take both servers offline, but the upgrade does require a reboot, so each server will be down the time it takes for a reboot.

Brandon

Hi -

I have attached a document I used for MSDE 2000 upgrade to SP4 (SQL-light). This is for 32 ports or fewer per server and not for Unity failover servers. It does, however, explain the process and provides a good Microsoft link. Note: The upgrade also touches, not only your Unity DB, but the default Microsoft databases. Prior to my upgrade, I broke the server mirror, ran Unity DiRT backup, and also copied the SQL DATA folder in its entirety to a spare drive. Maybe overkill, but I wanted to ensure recoverability/fallback capabilities. Hope this helps :-)

Ginger

As always, thanks Ginger. Your environment is fairly different it seems from what I am working with, however the document is very useful. As for overkill, you can never be too prepared - no one wants to try a DIRT restore only to find out they have bad data after the fact...:>)

Views
Helpful
Replies