cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.1(1) - Failover and DialID

brian-henry
Level 4
Level 4

Just have a real quick question to see if this matters before running the failover wizard.

If I change the DialID for the Primary Locations on the Primary and Secondary servers to different values from the default 99991, will this have any ill effect when configuring failover?

Thanks in Advance.

Brian

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

99991 is the default extension for All Subscribers distribution list. You can change it on the primary server.

That is what I was thinking about the 99991, do I have to make it match on the secondary before I run the wizard or will the wizard do it?

Thanks

The secondary server is installed with a demo license. You don't need to make any changes to the secondary server. You just need to run the failover wizard when you are ready.

Thanks for the response and yes I know the secondar is installed with a demo key, I was interested in how much could be different on the secondary server if one played with it before running the failover wizard and then once running it would everything get overwritten any how because of its database sync or would it not work at all.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: