Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.1.3 and delayed Outlook messages

Unity 4.1.3 with Exchange 2000 on same box. they receive messages via phone right away, however, the voicemail doesn't show up in outlook till 8 hours later. i noticed on the commserver log file that the timestamp is 8 hours ahead. the time on the unity/exchange server is correct. where is that log getting the time from?is this causing the 8 hour delay in outlook?

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.1.3 and delayed Outlook messages

Sounds like the time zone on the Unity server may be off? What's it set to?

There is no 4.1.3 by the way - do you mean 4.0(3)?

prolem was described wrong to me. once a week. random users will say they were suppose to have received a message but didn't get it till 8 hours later on their phone. they are on 4.04. what traces can i enable?

i noticed they had only 2 ports on 32 port system for dialout mwi and message notification. i increased it to 2 more.

Cisco Employee

In the reports section in the SA there's a "subscriber message activity report" that's normally the one you'd go to for something like this - you can see when messages are left, lamps are turned on (or the request to do so is sent anyway), when users check messages and such.

Some more details would be handy here since it sounds like maybe this is being passed through several parties before showing up here. If it's a case where the message is available but their lamp didn't go on, that's one class of problem. If it's a case where they call in and the message is not there for 8 hours then that's an entirely different class of problem (i.e. Exchange routing issues would loom large here).

It is the latter. it happens about once a week to random users.

Views
Helpful
Replies