Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

unity 4.1 domain controller change

Customer recently decommissioned one domain controller and replaced with another with different name. I went into gc/dc utility and manually entered the domain controller to get them operational again for importing exchange users. I als was told by the TAC that the only other way of fixing this is to re-run the unity message store configuration wizard, yet I see doci that says that after 4.0 Unity will find the new domain controllers itself? Not true? or am I misinterpreting what the doci says

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a80.html

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: unity 4.1 domain controller change

Hi,

The documentation is correct. I think the TAC engineer may have misunderstood. If you need to change the Cisco Unity partner Exchange server, that's when you would use the Message Store Configuration Wizard.

If I were making this change, I would access the DCGC Reconnection Settings Tool in the Cisco Unity Tools Depot and make the change there, just to be safe.

I hope this helps.

Re: unity 4.1 domain controller change

Then I am confused. The domain controller changed but Unity didn't find it. I had to manually change it with the gc/dc tool.

Bill

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content