Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.1 UnityMsgStoreSvc account

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I can't start Unity 4.1 due to strange behavior of UnityMsgStoreSvc account. It's locked out every 5 minutes in Active Directory.

Any idea would be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

3 Replies 3

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is definitely odd behavior and I know you have a TAC case open on this since I was helping your engineer look at it last evening. Please continue to work with him on it. We have a couple other cases that are also showing some odd behvior. Thing is didn't you get the Unity working by changing the format of the account to acct@domain instead of domain\acct?

Tray

Tray,

yes it resolved my issue when change the account to usrename@domain.com format. but still we have a major issue. When I add subscriber to Unity, it's not shown up as user in Exchange. and when I leave a message for that new subscriber, the message goes nowhere and is lost. So in this point, I think we have to troubleshoot AD and Exchange, then focus on troubleshooting Unity.

Yes that would be a new issue totally. I would open a new case for that. It does sound like there is a problem in that the Exchange mailboxes are not being created or are taking a long time. It could also be some odd permissions issues are still there.

Tray