Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.1x Ports Scalability Question

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a customer that is asking if he can have more than 72 Ports for Voicemail Access? I know that with Unity 4.2 we can have more than 72 ports on the same server (some high end servers). But if I have Unity 4.1 and I want more than 72 servers? If the client acquire another unity server with 72 ports and the digital networking in order to have both unity on the same 'cluster' will the ports get accounted for? If not, what is the best way to increase the 72 port to say 100 Ports..

Thanks in advanced,

-Jose

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no way you can go over 72 ports on (1) Unity server. The only way you can increase your ports is to add another Unity server. When you add another Unity server it will still only have a max of 72 ports. So what you are basically doing is assigning a (with some logic) users to a Unity server to answer. So for instance.. You could have (4) sets of Unity Primary/Failover each with 72 ports. They would all be assigned to the same Exchange Org (if it's UM).

East Cluster 1 = 72 ports and 7500 subscribers

West Cluster 1 = 72 Ports and 7500 subscrbiers

North Cluster 1 = 72 Ports and 7500 Subscibers

South Cluster 1 = 72 ports and 7500 Subscribers

These would be digitally networked in Unity and Exchange to transfer and foward voicemails, etc. Y

make sense?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: