Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 and call handler for voice menu

alexgrenier
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i configure a call handler for make voice menu. the option 6 it's retain for "if you know this extension dial now". It's work. I would like make a restrition. The people dial for may call handler was not able to dial 69xxx.

I try with call handler, i don't see anywhere where i can make this restriction. I try with subscriber and i configure class of Service with restrition table. it's dos not work. I can dial all number.

any Idea,

i use actually call manager 4.2.3 and unity 4.2.1

Alex

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what restriction table was the one you changed??

there are several of them

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

first

i create a subscriber with Class of service,

In thsi class of service i configure restriction table outcalling and transfers.

my restriction outcalling was configured

with dial strings

*=no

69xxx = no

9xxx = no

the same configuration are aplly on transfers table

when i dial 65325 (my subscriber) i unlock the number 6. After i dial 69123 and the phone ring.

I don't know where a can make another restriction.

i want this call handler or subscriber not the wide system can not dial the extensoin start by 69xxx. Actually all my call handler or subscriber can dial everything

Alex

Hi Alex,

Caller System Transfer

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080449c12.html#wp1240433

You can modify the predefined restriction tables, and you can create up to 100 new ones. You can also add up to 100 dial strings to a table. New dial strings are automatically inserted into the restriction table as Dial String 0. Note that the order of the dial strings is very important because Cisco Unity sequentially compares a phone number to the call patterns in the restriction table, starting with Dial String 0. If a number matches more than one call pattern, the number is handled according to the first call pattern it matches.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008022cb4f.html#wp1045005

You would need a;

69xxx* (Deny) Pattern

Hope this helps!

Rob

sorry for my english, it's my second language i better in french

i make another test.

the only condition i can use restriction it's went i call directly the option caller System Transfers.

if i configure a subscriber or call handler with option 6 (all my extension start by 6) with call system transfers no restriction work.

but i check Lock this key to the action (don't wait for an additional keypress). i use the option caller system transfers. it's ok the restriction work

but i don't want this option because i now dial my number and after i dial number 1 for confirm

it's very strange, i configure caller system transfers on number 6 with uncheck lock this key and no restriction are apply.

Alex

i resolve my problem, it's what i want but the system don't make what i want.

I use i key with caller system transfers and i can use a restriction.

It's unity, it's built on this way

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: