Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 4.2 Failoverconfig.exe

It appers the failoverconfig.exe wants to use Windows browsing to find the Secondary Server. It?s not showing up on the browse list. It is reachable via Start, Run, \\server2 (DNS of course). Is there a way to setup failoverconfig.exe without having to rely on WINS/NBNS for resolution? I tried a LMHOSTS file but the failoverconfig.exe still doesn?t see its partner. I added a WINS server and rebooted and it still doesn't see it's partner.

Any way to setup failover without relying on browser services?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unity 4.2 Failoverconfig.exe

You can bypass the requirement to "browse" in FOW by manually setting the following two registry string values: "Partner Server Name" and "Partner Server IP" under HKLM/Software/Active Voice/AVCsNodeMgr/1.0

The key should be there, but you will probably need to create the two string entries manually.

Once you do this, rerun FOW and you will notice the boxes are prepopulated with whatever you set in the registry.

2 REPLIES

You can bypass the requirement to "browse" in FOW by manually setting the following two registry string values: "Partner Server Name" and "Partner Server IP" under HKLM/Software/Active Voice/AVCsNodeMgr/1.0

The key should be there, but you will probably need to create the two string entries manually.

Once you do this, rerun FOW and you will notice the boxes are prepopulated with whatever you set in the registry.

Funny, I'm at antoher customer two years later. Find the same problem, find my post and your response. Worked like a champ. Is there a bug id for this? You should NOT need WINS or the browser service to put you partner server in failover.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content