Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Image

Hello guys,

For Unity 4.2 installation and configuration, I downloaded the Unity CIscoUnity4.2.1CD1, CIscoUnity4.2.1CD3 and the CIscoUnity4.2.1-ServicePacks-ENU-CD1. The system preparation Assistance is prompting me to install the Unity Data Store and the Date Store Service Pack 4. I can't find them in the CD1 and CD3 that I downloaded from Cisco. Could you please let me know where can I find them?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The data store is the SQL cd. The images available on line should not be used for new installs. You need to order the Unity disc set to do a fresh install. Otherwise you may use a Microsoft SQL standard software if you have a licensed copy of it. and then download MS SQL SP4 from Microsoft website.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Sankar,

I have only 16 ports and by default I am using MSDE and not SQL. Why the system asks me to install Unity Data Store? How can I get rid of it?

Thanks,

If you have only 16 ports, you are right you only need MSDE. But still the software needs to be installed from the SQL data store disc. You will also need to install the Enterprise manager (Client tools) so that you can manage MSDE. You will also need MSDE service packs which is available in the service pack cd.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus