Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.2 Quickguides

Does anyone have the link or the Quickquide for the Unity TUI inteface? With the new Alternate Number, it adds an option to press "x" number and then walk through the prompts.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.2 Quickguides

Here's a link to all the end user guides, including the quick reference docs:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_user_guide_list.html

although right off hand I'm not real sure what you're talking about... the alternate contact number feature in 4.2 does not have anything to do with "walking through the prompts". If that's the feature you're talking about, you have to map a key for user's to the alternate contact number before it'll show up in their setup conversation over the phone - this can be done in the SA or using BulkEdit. Once a key is mapped then users can enter their own transfer number that will be dialed when outside callers hit that key during the subscriber's greeting.

If that's not what you're talking about, let us know...

I must have a Unity Guide from 4.0.x... it has the Call Flow diagram of each menu layed out. I thought maybe the new call flow would the option "x" for alternate number.

Thanks for the link. Is there anyway of getting better options to handout to subscribers? The text always looks so small and adobe you can't zoom or fit to page when printing.

thanks jeff!

Cisco Employee

Well, it's all PDF as far as I know. The only other option is the latest version of the Custom Key Map tool has a snappy little component from the tech pubs folks that auto generates it's own "quick reference" guide (yes, in PDF form) for that mapping. It can be customized a little anyway. I've had a few sites use this method for generating key mapping cards for users even if they're using "built in" key mappings (i.e. standard or optional 1 conversations) by using the function that sets the custom key mapping up to match one of the built in ones and then generate the key card.

But it's still the same basic format as the existing wallet cards and it's in PDF format so I'm not sure how much that helps you - but you can edit the output a bit which makes a few sites happy.

Cisco does not provide key mapping cards? Or is just the Quick Reference Guide is all they offer? My client is really picky about how the guide is printed, on what paper, what size, etc... Trying to come up with something snappy takes a marketing genius, not an IPT pro.... ha..

Now... if I could get the Visio or Word doc of that card......... hmmmmmm

thanks Jeff!

Views
Helpful
Replies