Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 Sign in Problem

dave.hodgkiss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have got a problem when i cfwd my 7940 to voicemail and ring the number from an external pstn i am prompted to sign after pressing the * key.When i input my extn number and password i get an invalid username or password was entered even though it is correct.Internally it works fine.Attached is the event viewer logs.

9 Replies 9

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dave -

The expected behavior of CfwdAll your phone to voicemail is to immediately get your voicemail greeting when you call, either from PSTN or internal. When you say you are prompted to signin after pressing the * key, it sounds like the caller is getting the Unity Opening greeting, not your voicemail greeting. A couple of things to check:

- In CCM, the Forward all setting of your directory number. Are you using a call search space for this? Can you try CFWD your phone to a cell phone and does the external call reach this new number OK?

- Is this the only phone with the problem? If so, and even though you didn't mention which CCM version, try changing the voicemail profile to something different and save. Then change back to your correct voicemail profile and re-save. We had a problem just the other day with Unity 4.2(1) and CCM 4.1(3) where modifying the CCM voicemail profile and resaving back corrected the problem. Although in our case we were getting reorder tone, but would not hurt you to check.

- Are you doing any translation in CCM or any call routing in Unity?

- What does Unity see in Call Viewer when you call from PSTN to your phone when it is forwarded to voicemail? You may want to run Port Status monitor or Status Monitor and view the port.

Note: We are seeing the same type of Phrase server error codes on our 4.2(1) system and I had a TAC case open for awhile. Our users were not experiencing any problems and they were just nuisance event log errors. TAC told me to reinstall Unity. I'm seeing the same type of errors on three Unity servers ... I'm waiting until our next upgrade. I'm mentioning this only because I wouldn't necessarily associate the phrase server errors with the problem you are having. Perhaps others can comment as well?

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

I think my message may be a bit misleading if i dial into my extension to playback the messages i press the * key to sign in enter my username and password and unity then tells me that the username or password is invalid even though it is not.

Cheers.

Dave

Hi Eric,

Could you point me in the right place for this file.It could be the issue if i dial into any extn from a pstn and try to login with a valid userid and password unity tells me that it is temporarily unavailable.

Cheers

Dave

The SubSignIn_ENG.ps file mentioned in the bug lives in \CommServer\Localize\Scripts\ENG. If you are running Unity 4.2(1) then TAC should be able to provide you with an updated SubSignIn_ENG.ps which contains the fix for CSCse95939.

Thanks for your help Eric i raised a tac and cisco sent me the new script file.

Cheers

Dave..

Hi

Anyone got a copy of this script they can email me?

Would be much appreciated....

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi

Just to further this a little... I edited the subsignin_eng.ps file (by comparing the ENU version). In there is a 'continuemsg = JavaScript' line, which I modified to 'continuemsg2 = JavaScript'

This seems to fix the problem (although a message is now logged in the app event log that notifies that a file has been modified -- guess I still need the TAC file).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Attached is the file i used from tac.If you are using unity failover it needs to go on both servers