cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 upgrade to 5.0 - New License Needed?

mdury
Level 1
Level 1

We are upgading our Unity 4.2 to 5.0 is a new license file required?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi -

If you go to Product Upgrade Tool - http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/index.jsp and enter your Unity SASU contract number, the product entitlement page will come up for Unity 4.X to 5.X upgrade. The upgrades are separated by 32 ports and below versus 33 ports and above. I just received shipment of my upgrades. The 33 ports and above comes packaged slightly different, but contains the DVDs, documentation, and most importantly, the PAK for registering with Cisco licensing. Shipment of the upgrade licensing for 5 server took about 10 days.

Regards, Ginger

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yup, you need a new license. if you have smartnet, you should be able to obtain through your contracts

Hi -

If you go to Product Upgrade Tool - http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/index.jsp and enter your Unity SASU contract number, the product entitlement page will come up for Unity 4.X to 5.X upgrade. The upgrades are separated by 32 ports and below versus 33 ports and above. I just received shipment of my upgrades. The 33 ports and above comes packaged slightly different, but contains the DVDs, documentation, and most importantly, the PAK for registering with Cisco licensing. Shipment of the upgrade licensing for 5 server took about 10 days.

Regards, Ginger

I am in the process of moving from 4.x to 5 and also changing servers as well. I have the upgrade package which contains the pac code when i enter it in on the license web site it gives me a place to add more pak codes. What are these for? How do i get old mailbox license moved to the new server mac address and the 5 software? Probably a dumb question but I have never been through the process.

Not certain, but you can enter in multiply pak codes in. I know some of the PAK codes I have entered in for CCM, I have a couple servers, DLUs, etc. So instead of doing the whole process each time, you can just add all the PAKs in at once.

In your scenario, Im not sure if you have a new server for 5.x or are you using the same server?

I have a new server for 5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: