cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 with PIMG integrations - Networking options?

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello and Merry Christmas! We are installing our 1st Unity server with multiple PIMG integrations to several Avaya G3R PBXs. 3 other Unity 4.2 servers, integrated with CallManager only, are digitally networked. They also participate in our Unity Bridge/Octel networking design, routing voice messages between Unity and 20+ Octel voice servers. I am still learning the PIMG integration and could use your expertise. I recall digital networking required "same" phone integrations so I doubt I can add the new PIMG Unity to our existing dialing domain. But please correct me if I am wrong here :-) Is there a way to configure the PIMG Unity server to participate in the Octel network using our current Bridge or will I need a second bridge server? The Avaya G3Rs moving to Unity are, today, all on the same Octel 350 server.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Ginger

1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ginger.

Depends what you use Digital Networking for. IF you are trying to connect a call from the PIMG to the Bridge, then it might need some extra testing. But if have a Unity server with Integration setup for CallManager, then add (5)PIMGs or something, Unity still looks at it as (2) Integrations, but all on the same dialing domain. The server is dialing domain, the Intregration portion only connects the switches. (CCM and PBX) to Unity.

So basically, you could have:

Unity 1 - CCM Integration DialID: 100

Unity 2 - CCM and PIMG Integration DialID: 200

Unity 3 - Dialogic card integration DialID: 300

As long as all these servers are in the same AD Exchange Org, Domain, etc.. Digital Networking will be fine. (Send and forward voicemails, etc)

Where it gets tricking is the cross login, or transfers. (in voicemail on Unity 2, listen to a message, then call back a subscriber on Unity 1) This is the part that always boggles me because these integrations are typically spreadout between sites and site codes to dial, etc. So I tend to simplify the deployments and just only use VM Forward and Send messages in the global address book. (and broadcast would work in a public distro list)

If the "same" phone integration will not work, you may have to create a "Unity PIMG Only" integration, then digital network it to the rest of the Unity servers.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: