Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity 4.x User License Increase

Hi.. What is the best option to increase user license on a VM only system. Currently I have a server with a limit of 500 user license.. If I need to add 300 license more is it best to upgrade to a more powerful server or add a second server with digital networking.. is it possible?

Thanks in advanced

• Unified Communications Applications
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity 4.x User License Increase

Many factors to consider

Price of server, licenses, management

First thing is to determine if your hardware is up to spec to add 300 more licenses

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_data_sheet0900aecd802132ef.html

hinho,

Thanks for your input. Actually the current server hardware spec goes to 500 user license.. the customer would like to add 300 more licenses... so I don't know if it is best to change the server to a new more powerful server managing more than 1000 users or leave the current server with 500 users and add a 2nd server with the additional 300 user license and use digital networking.. but I don't know if that is possible or which method is better....

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Many ways to argue this - one server would be easier on management. My thoughts would be to keep it simple. You can use the old hardware for DC/Exchange, and the new server for Unity.

ok thanks a lot.. You're right.. it is best to keep it simple. I will recommend the customer to get a new server with more capacity and then upgrade the existing unity configuration to the new server.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.