cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0.1 loses connection to Exchange 2003 during backup

emikelso
Level 4
Level 4

I have Unity 5.0(1) ES70 on server 2003 running Unified. Partner store is Exchange 2003. There are 2 Exchange servers.

Every night the Exchange servers run a backup. They are using a method which changes the blocks to 'read only' during the backup so the database is stable. I've been told that this process takes just 10 seconds, then it should be back online.

Unity sees this as the store going off line, and it doesn't come back online for 36min for the first Exchange and 27 min for the second Exchange server.

I haven't been able to find any information yet on exactly how Unity sees the stores and any keepalive or timeout valuues associated.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks!

Erin

1 Reply 1

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Previously in the 4.x days, Unity used to just query whether or not the store.exe process was running to determine if Exchange was online. Now in 5.x is uses an RPC call to check on the availability. I checked my 5.0 server in my lab and the ping period seems to be 15000ms. Also, if you still wish to use the old store.exe method, you can go to the registry here and change the key for Disable Server Status Check to 1 so that it doesn't use the RPC method. The key is located here.

HKLM/software/Active Voice/AvWm/1.00

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: