cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0(1) WebSA fails unless Domain Admin (DCOM event 10016)

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

Unless I make a user a member of Domain Admins, when trying to run the WebSA from a client machine, the user sees :

Server.CreateObject(AvSaLocalization.AvSaLocalization.1)

failed.
This is most likely an error with a DLL, probably AvSaLocalizationSvr.dll or perhaps AvSaLocaleInfoSvr.dll.
Check that these files are present, and registered with REGSVR32.
Also be sure that the appropriate MsgStoreRes.dll file is present.
Cannot continue.
(From: Global.asa: hr=0x80070005)

There is an entry in eventviewer from DCOM EventID 10016

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

xxxxxxxxxxxx

to the user xxxxxx. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I am trying to delegate some basic admin functions to helpdesk and do not want these AD accounts to be in Domain Admins. I have seen a post that mentions another possible workaround :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/1230160#1230160

However, I notice the dates on this post are quite old although I am running W2003 SP1 as mentioned in the post. I cannot find any mention on this issue using bug toolkit. I cannot test this change in the production enviroment at this time, does anyone have any newer/further info on this subject (regarding patches/ES etc.) ?

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you installed Unity and ran Permissions Wizard, did you grant DCOM rights and enable the Media Master control?  If you did not, you can experience issues trying to logon to WebSA from other computers.  Definitely worth taking a look at to see if you enabled (desired/checked) or disabled (unchecked) this box.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!