Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.0 - Enable local user mailboxes

David Rickard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When installing Unity (5.0 Build 5.0(1)), I rather stupidly selected not to allow local users have voice mailboxes. I.e., I can only create a mailbox for a user that exists in Exchange.

I now have a need to create mailboxes for non-Exchange users - we've got a few 'generic' phones which just need VM, but no email. I'd like to create them local accounts in Unity (on the Unity server), not Exchange as that seems a waste.

How can I do this? Is it possible to turn the option on somehow? I've dug around and not turned up anything.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Just run the Message Store Configuration Wizard again. Go to Add Remove Programs, find the Message Store Configuration Wizard, then click the Change/Remove Button.

The wizard should start, and as it walks you through it, you should have the option to choose to add/import users.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

Just run the Message Store Configuration Wizard again. Go to Add Remove Programs, find the Message Store Configuration Wizard, then click the Change/Remove Button.

The wizard should start, and as it walks you through it, you should have the option to choose to add/import users.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael.

You sir, are a star!

I never thought to look there.

Thankyou!

Yay! Thank you David, for the opportunity to help.

Regards,

Michael.