cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.1 and CUCM 7.1.3

dyorke0403
Level 1
Level 1

I recently uopgraded my CUCM to 7.1.3 . every thing is working fine with my Unity. Users get notifications, listen to meassages and delete as usual. Problem is new accounts I setup can not log in! User gets message "Invalid User ID or Password". I have logged onto Unity and manually chnaged the passord with no luck. Any thoughts... could this be related to CUCm 7.1.3? Thoughts are appreciated!

5 Replies 5

Scott Hills
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you clarify your version of Unity you are running. Are you running Unity 5.0.2 or some version of Unity Connection?

If you are running Unity then I might suggest going to Tools Depot > Switch Integration Tools > Call Viewer and make sure the extention for the voicemail box your are forwarding to shows proper when the call is forwarded from Callmanager.

We want to make sure you are getting placed in the proper voicemail box.

Also you might run Port Status Monitor so you can watch the process of you connecting to the voicemail box.

If you press * to go to sign-in and enter the mailbox extension and then password does this function properly or do you still receive an error message?

Thanks,

Scott

The ver is 5.0.1

Port status monitor and call viewer results look fine.

When pressing * to go to sign in is when I get the "Invalid User ID or Passoerd" Message.

I tested in the lab however on a Unity 7.0.2 server.

I used Port Status monitor so I could easily see what what happening during the conversation.

I did the following tests:

1. Pressed * for sign-in and entered 3000 which is a mailbox on my system. I then entered the correct password.

The output showed the following on one line:

Subscriber sign-in successful. Alias - MMouse. Extension - 3000. Call ID - 3001

2. Press * for sign-in and entered 3000 which is a mailbox on my system. I then entered the wrong password.

The output showed the following on one line:

Subscriber sign-in failed. Alias - MMouse. Extension - 3000. Caller Id - 3001

3. Press * for sign-in and entered 6666 whis is not a mailbox on my system. I then entered the wrong password.

The output did not show any references to extension since nothing was matched.

It would be interesting to know what happens and what you see in Port Status Montor when you do the test.

Beyond this you would most likely have to enble Conversation and Skinny Macro traces to see what happens during the call.

I'm not sure how Callmanager would be involved in this issue unless not all the digits are making it to Unity for some reason.

Thanks,

Scott

Is this Unified Messaging or a voice-mail only deployment?  What version of Exchange?

Hailey

Thanks for the help folks. This absolutely had nothing to do with CUCM. But after doing more troubleshooting and rebooting the unity a couple more times the problem cleared. I know that is not the definitive resolution we like but it is... what it is! Thanks again for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: