Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 & CCM5/6 MGCP IP faxing

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I've read through previous postings on IP faxing but not found anything for MGCP. If customer has an MGCP gateway and wants incoming faxes delivered direct to their UM Unity what solution will do this? And does the user need a dedicated DDI?

Cheers

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rich,

Yes, depending on the type of fax server, you may be able to integrate it with an MGCP gateway. Some fax servers such as RightFax have TDM interfaces like PRI interfaces, which you could connect in a back-to-back configuration with a PRI port on your MGCP gateway.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rich,

If your customer requires the on-ramp faxing feature, then they will have to convert their gateway from MGCP to H.323. T.37 requires specific tcl scripts which, unfortunately, are not supported with MGCP.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reply. I feared that was the case. What about using a fax server? (I really don't want to reconfigure all the gateways!)

Rich

Hi Rich,

Yes, depending on the type of fax server, you may be able to integrate it with an MGCP gateway. Some fax servers such as RightFax have TDM interfaces like PRI interfaces, which you could connect in a back-to-back configuration with a PRI port on your MGCP gateway.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Michael.