Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5 errors

bluejays
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I installed Unity 5 couple days ago and I had some issue when use permission wizard and some event errors after the installation.

I first installed the latest permission wizard according to installation guide and grant permission. Everything is fine except it can't grant permission to "Deleted Ojects right" for unitydirsvc account. So I used the version that comes with the installation DVD. Surpricely it worked. So I went ahead to finish the rest of the installation.

Now after the installation, I saw a lot of errors in the event viewer. Almost all of them are related to Exchange.

It is CiscoUnity_MALEx, event ID 30003. It said "An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by CsBMsgConnector via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: Your profile is not configured.. "

BTW, now when I re-run the permission wizard, I still got the same error. But if I used permission wizard report, it says all the permissions are granted. Strange, right??

Any idea???

3 Replies 3

luke.maxwell
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue and all my permissions are also fine. I have a case open with Cisco and waiting for a response.

tim.giles
Level 4
Level 4

This does indeed seem like a bug with this version of Unity. I found similar fault related to version 5, details below, I hope this helps:

CSCsj43233 Bug Details

Ex2000/2003: MAPI address book providers Global Catalog failover broke

Symptom:

1. Afer addressing a message to another subscriber and sending the message via the telephone user interface (TUI), you do not hear "message sent". Instead you are returned to the main mailbox menu (i.e. "For new messages press 1, to send a message press 2" etc.), and the recipient does not recieve the message.

Conditions:

1. This applies to Cisco Unity 5.0(1) only, this defect does not apply to earlier versions of Cisco Unity.

2. This defect applies to Cisco Unity when when the partner mail server is Exchange 2000 or 2003 only, this does not apply to Cisco Unity when partnered with Exchange 2007.

3. This condition is created when their is more than one available Global Catalog Server and the Global Catalog server that the Cisco Unity servers MAPI address book provider is using to resolve recipient addresses is shutdown or rebooted.

Workaround:

In the Windows registry, under HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MALEx\1.0\

Change the value specified for "NegAuth" from 1 to 0 and restart Cisco Unity.

NOTE: If Exchange 2007 is the partner mail server this setting must remain set to 1 or you will create a problem with similiar symptoms.

Further Problem Description:

The following events are logged in the Windows Application Event Log:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_MALEx

Event Category: Warning

Event ID: 30019

Date: 6/28/2007

Time: 7:20:00 PM

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

The MAPI subsystem has indicated that the Global Catalog Server

. which is used to resolve addresses for message submission cannot be reached, and that it has switched to using Global Catalog server .. Unity will continue to function using this newly selected Global Catalog server and will not automatically switch back to the original one. If Unity does not have a dedicated connection with sufficient bandwidth to the newly selected server, then there may be significant delays in Exchange access by Unity. Please verify that Unity has a good connection to the new Global Catalog for proper functioning.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_ConvMsg

Event Category: Network

Event ID: 10015

Computer:

Description:

IAvDohMessage::Submit: A recipient possibly lacked an email box: Recipients=([SubscriberA] ) returned [0x80040920] on line 976 of file E:\Views\CU5.0.0.297\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSMsgSend.cpp

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_ConvMsg

Event Category: Network

Event ID: 10012

Computer:

Description:

This message has the following recipients : ([SubscriberA] ). The recipient mailboxes may be disabled or inaccessible, Cisco Unity may be having trouble connecting with the partner server, or the Cisco Unity messaging component may not be properly configured. 979

Please rate post....

This looks exactly what I am experiencing, but when I go into the registry on Unity under this key under HKLM\Software\Active Voice\MALEx\1.0\

I do not have the key labeled "negAuth". Any idea why I would not have that key?

Any help is appreciated.