Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY 5.X and EXCHANGE 2003

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys

having a small issue every few months or so. UNITY loses contact with the domain controller for whatever reason. if i "juggle" the DNS settings everything starts working again.

im not too sure on how i should start looking into this as it may work for a long period and then it will stop.

i know my explanation doesnt really give any help on what's going on, but i was just wondering if anyone had any similar issues like this so ill probably have a starting point to troubleshoot (ie UNITY, MICROSOFT SIDE or Network)

4 Replies 4

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First I would make sure this is following design specifications ie) the domain controllers you are using are local to Unity ie) same LAN, same location, same switch even would be good. Typically this is not a Unity issue to I would start there and also make sure there aren't any problems with LAN communications between Unity and your DCs/GCs.

Tray

Also to add to Tray's comments, it may not hurt to create a hosts file and see if that works for a longer period of time to try and rule in/out DNS.

Brad

guys thanks for the replies

the UNITY is on the same domain, location not on the same switch but close enough :).

im still not too sure if it will be a persistent problem to be honest as this is the second time it has happened.

as fo the DNS, strange thing is that we remove the primary dns and place it in the secondary, then the secondary and place it in the primary, and then save then do it over and that works, either that or a reboot of the system.

i do have network teaming enabled on the UNITY server which in thinking might be somehow related ?

ill try and come up with some logical troubleshooting steps when it happens again and hopefully ill be able to post some results

Make sure if you are using Network Teaming, to use NFT (Fault Tolerant) only. We dont' support other teaming. Also, you might want to see which MAC your licensing is tied to and just use that NIC only without any teaming at all and disable the unused NIC to rule out anything there.

Tray