Cisco Support Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

New Member

Unity 5.x Exchange 2007 Message Delivery Issues

This is an existing Unity installation that has been working well for quite sometime, but suddenly started having issues with delivering messages to Exchange mailboxes after a restart of the Unity box. Now I get MALEx and Doh errors...

An occurred which prevents successful Exchange access by AvUMRSyncSvr via MAPI.

This is typically an indication of configuration issues with Unity, Exchange, or the MAPI subsystem.

Verify that the Unity services accounts are granted the correct permissions and that there are no issues with installation. The SysCheck utility may assist in diagnosing the problem.

Doh logon failed due to messaging component logon error: 8004052eH

An attempt to access the Primary Exchange Mailbox Store by AvUMRSyncSvr via MAPI has failed. The MAPI subsystem return the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance..

I've checked permissions on the Unity Installation, Directory Services and Message Store Services accounts with Permissions Wizard and the result was Success on items without any failures. I reran the wizard to set the permissions again but it didn't help. I also ran every test in Directory Access Diagnostics which also showed no problems. SysCheck also found no problems. Exchange seems to be running fine and restarting Unity didn't help.

Any other things I need to look for?



Everyone's tags (2)

Unity 5.x Exchange 2007 Message Delivery Issues

Did you try deleting the MAPI profile from the Unity server?


New Member

Unity 5.x Exchange 2007 Message Delivery Issues

No, didn't try that. I saw the same instructions but wasn't sure if it applied in this case since the Unity and Exchange versions were not the same, plus Unity is running on Server 2003. Also, the AvCsMgr service is running.

Unity 5.x Exchange 2007 Message Delivery Issues

You can try that, don't worry about the versions you are running.

New Member

Unity 5.x Exchange 2007 Message Delivery Issues

I deleted the MAPI profile and it was recreated, but that didn't help. I've verified that all the Unity service accounts all have the correct permissions and that the Unity_server name exixts in AD and have full permissions. Maybe it's time to recreate the account in Exchange and see what that does. Like I said, all has been working fine for a long time until a restart last Friday. None of the Unity accounts have been touched so I can 't figure why this started all of a sudden.


Cisco Employee

Unity 5.x Exchange 2007 Message Delivery Issues


If the recreation of the Unity_ account doesn't resolve it, I would recommend setting and collecting the following diags from Unity for TAC to look at:

Components to set: 

AvWM - all

DOH - all

AvRdbSvr - 10-13

UMR - all 

Components to collect: 





Hope that helps,


New Member

Unity 5.x Exchange 2007 Message Delivery Issues

Turns out that the problem was with a couple of corrupt mailboxes on Exchange. Here's the fix...

>>Ran permissions wizard.

>>Deleted Unity_servername and usbms_servername mailboxes.

>>Deleted MAPI profile. (run/regedit/select any one main key/software/Microsoft/windows nt/ windows messaging subsystem/unity system profile)

>>Ran MSCW to recreate those accounts and the MAPI profile.

>>On the exchange , restarted exchange information store service.

>>On the Unity server restarted AvUMRsync service.