cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x SSL certification expiry

AskQ2Forum_2
Level 1
Level 1

On Unity 5.x when we originally loaded SSL certificates a certificate request from the Unity servers was extracted and we had that  signed by the customers CA. These were then loaded onto Unity which at that stage had a certificate request pending ( because we had made a request). The certificates are now  about to expire.

What will be the affect on Unity - will there be a expired certificate warning everytime we browse to the SA page? Can that be ignored and we can continue working or will there be a more serious issue i.e we can't login to the web page ?

To renew the certificate can I  assume that we don’t make another request to the CA  with a new certificate’s but instead ask for the existing ones to be extended and they get uploaded onto Unity.  However, where we previously had a pending request wizard  I don’t know what we will see this time at  the Unity end – perhaps we will get an expired certificate request  outstanding and a follow on wizard to renew?? Do I have to extract the existing cert and get it signed again by the CA or can they just use existing info that they have?

Is there a doc outlinng this, or any other advice appreciated ...best wishes, Jag

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's what will happen with the expired certification: http://www.petri.co.il/expired_ssl_website_certificate.htm

As for what you can do, when you go into IIS Directory Security and then access the cert via Secure Communications / Server Security, you can initiate the wizard and you should have the option to renew or remove the cert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: