Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity 5.x turn off loop detection?

Im trying to work around not creating contacts in Unity and using Call Handlers as contacts.

IE, In a call handler, the caller wants to transfer to an extension, but the extension is NOT a Subscriber. Typically, we would built a contact in AD or in this case Domino and import them.

I tried to create a call handler for transfer. I selected "4" as attempt to transfer to this new call handler.

I recorded a blank 2 second greeting, then after after greeting, go a new call handler. The new call handler had attempt to transfer and the extension.

It should transfer, but Unity thinks Im looping in the event logs and shuts it down.

I thought I could always do this but not?

anyway around this or did I miss something?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unity 5.x turn off loop detection?

Hi there -

Here's what I would modify on your call transfer handler:

- no greeting, leave blank

- select the Alternate Transfer rule, which will overide going to the call handler greeting

- select release to switch

- select the phone number, including any offnet requirements

You should not need two call handlers, just the one with the Alt transfer rule configured and invoked via the 4-key from your initial menu handler. I don't currently have a Unity server vm environment up to test, but I know we did this a lot when I worked at the County.

Ginger

3 REPLIES

Hi there -

Here's what I would modify on your call transfer handler:

- no greeting, leave blank

- select the Alternate Transfer rule, which will overide going to the call handler greeting

- select release to switch

- select the phone number, including any offnet requirements

You should not need two call handlers, just the one with the Alt transfer rule configured and invoked via the 4-key from your initial menu handler. I don't currently have a Unity server vm environment up to test, but I know we did this a lot when I worked at the County.

Ginger

I wonder why Standard did not work, but Alternate did.?!

That was it. I changed to the alt greeting and it worked.

?!

Cheers, hope all is well!

Hi - I'm happy I could assist! Doing well, setting up labs at home with working CUCM and CUC version 7.x ... too much fun and happy to have working systems to test with again :-)

Cheers to you too! Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content